We will only collect relevant data to enable us to carry out the service you have requested or accessed, below we have set out in more detail about the personal data we collect and why we collect it. We review our retention periods regularly and will only hold your data for as long as it is necessary for the original purpose it was collected for, as required by law or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
- Service Booking
To make an online vehicle service or MOT booking via www.nbsm.co.uk or over the phone, we require your name, contact information and vehicle details. This information is required so that we can arrange your booking for you at your chosen dealer and send you your booking confirmation through your preferred contact method (email or Text Message).If you have purchased a vehicle from NBSM or you have previously had a service at our dealership our database will have stored your information, along with your service and MOT due date. You can object to receiving these reminders at any time.If you do not visit our dealership for more than 26 months, your details will be deleted for marketing purposes but may be retained for Contractual Obligation had you purchased your vehicle from us within the last 7 years.
- Online Enquiry
If you enquire about one of our vehicles we require your name, email address and contact telephone number to able us to respond to your enquiry. We will store this information until we have concluded the enquiry (i.e. sold a product). At which point your details will be stored on the customer database or destroyed securely.
- Test Drive or Courtesy Car
If you book a test drive or take a courtesy car from our autocentre department we require a copy of your driving licence, we will store a copy of this in case of any speeding, parking or other motoring offence that may occur.
- Sell your car
If you request a valuation for your current vehicle we require your vehicle details including registration number, mileage, plus your name, e-mail address and telephone number so that we can send you your indicative valuation. If you decided not to proceed with your valuation we will delete your details within 4 weeks after the expiration of your valuation.
- Vehicle Purchase
If you decide to purchase a vehicle from NBSM, at the point of sale under a Contractual Obligation we will collect your full name, address, contact number, e-mail address, date of birth, driving licence details, payment details, details of the vehicle you are buying and, if applicable, details of the vehicle you will be using as a part exchange. Your details will not be used for marketing purposes unless you provide consent for us to do so. If you purchase a new vehicle we will be Contractually Obliged to send your details to the manufacturer for warranty, registration and recall purposes.
- Vehicle Finance
If you require finance for your vehicle purchase, we will require additional information including marital and housing status, number of dependents, previous address, occupation, employer, business address and bank details, in addition we will also require proof of address (i.e. utility bill) and any other relevant information. With your permission this information will be passed to our selected finance partners. Your personal information will be stored within your deal file which will be stored for 7 years. At the end of your finance agreement we will contact you to discuss your end of finance arrangements and where applicable arrange the required arrangements to fulfill the contract – for example end of finance term vehicle return and appraisal.
- In Dealership Visit
We operate CCTV in our dealership and automotive center to monitor our premises, therefore your image and vehicle registration may be captured and stored for up to 30 days.
If you enter one of our competitions, we require your name, email address and telephone number so that we can contact the winner. Competitions are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Competitions are open to all UK residents aged 21 and over.
- A fully completed entry form must be placed in the entry box along with the answer to the entry question, location of which can be found within the specific competition terms and conditions.
- Entry into the Prize Draw will be deemed to imply acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
- There will be no cash alternative to the Prize.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Incomplete, damaged or illegible entries will not be accepted.
- The draw will take place on the date specified within the competitions terms and conditions under independent supervision and the winner will be the first name drawn.
- The winner of the Prize will be notified in writing as soon as possible.
- The winner’s name and county will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the address below.
- NBSM reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize should they deem it necessary PROVIDED always that any substituted prize shall be of no less value than the original prize.
- If NBSM is prevented from completing the Competition by reason of any circumstances beyond its control, NBSM shall under no circumstances be liable to any party whatsoever.
- No one connected with the Competition or its sponsor is eligible for entry.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners may upon reasonable notice being given be required by NBSM to participate in any publicity concerning the competition, such publicity to include but not be limited to participation in photographs.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Contact by phone
Should you call our dealership and autocentre or should we contact you in response to an enquiry, your phone call may be recorded and will be retained for a maximum of 3 months. The recording will be used for quality and training purposes only.
- How we may use your personal data
Where you have provided consent;
NBSM uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes and we may contact you to update you in accordance with your selected marketing preferences.
via email, text message, post or telephone with offers, services and other related products.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communication at any time by;
Changing your marketing preference by selecting the ‘amend my preferences’ link located at the bottom of each of our emails.
Text STOP in response to a text message.
Contacting NBSM via any of the contact details on: nbsm.co.uk/contact
- Where there is a legitimate interest;
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our Legitimate Interest as a business for the following purposes;
- General Administration
We may need to process your data to manage your queries, complaints, or claims and may result in us contacting you by the contact details you have previously provided.
- Where required to perform a Contract with you;
We may use and process your personal data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you including for the following purposes;
- To exchange information for warranty/aftersales to the relevant manufacturer of your vehicle.
- The purchase of a vehicle
- Where it is in your Vital Interest;
We may use your personal information to contact you if there are urgent safety or product recall notices to communicate to you or where we otherwise reasonably believe that the processing of your personal information may prevent or reduce any potential harm to you.
- Where required to comply with our Legal Obligation;
We will use your personal data to comply with our Legal Obligation including: (i) to assist HMRC, the Police, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or any other public authority or criminal investigation body; (ii) to identify you when you contact is; and (iii) to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you.
- Collection of general data and information
Our website collects a series of general data. This general data and information is stored in the server log files. General day includes (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers), (4) the sub-websites, (5) the date and time of access to the Internet site, (6) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system, and (8) any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.When using general data and information, we do not draw any conclusions about visitors. Rather, this information is needed to (1) deliver the content of our website correctly, (2) optimise the content of our website as well as its advertisement, (3) ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology, and (4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack. Therefore, we only analyse anonymously collected data and information statistically, with the aim of increasing the data protection and data security of our enterprise, and to ensure an optimal level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by individuals.